Children may start school on the day they turn 5. However, we strongly encourage them to begin on the first Monday of the next odd week in the school term. There are a few reasons for this:
– They may start with other New Entrants at the same time, and so will be with others who are experiencing their first day at school at the same time. They may start at the same time as their friends from preschool or kindy, even if they have slightly different birthdates;
– It gives parents the chance to meet other parents and create networks;
– Our New Entrant teachers have introductory routines each Monday where they discuss school expectations, boundaries, and routines and introduce new children to other classes and staff members;
– If children are starting school every odd Monday it means there is less chance of them arriving in a class who is halfway through a topic, which means an easier learning transition for them;
– Teachers know what dates to expect New Entrants and can prepare materials and equipment accordingly.
Our day for school visits are Tuesday mornings. If you wish to enrol your child, please visit the office before then to make arrangements about paperwork, uniform and classrooms. Our office staff can also organise a teacher for your child if they are transferring from another school.
Our school zone has now been confirmed. Please get in contact with us below for more information on enrolling and to request a copy of the enrolment form.