The Freyberg Community School Board of Trustees is responsible for our kura’s performance and ensuring that all legal requirements are met. Some of the more specific roles of the BOT are:
– Setting the strategic direction and long-term plans for our kura in consultation with the community.
– Monitoring the BOT’s progress against the charter goals and targets.
– Monitoring and evaluating student progress and achievement.
– Overseeing the management of staff, property, finances, curriculum and administration.
– Ensuring that government priorities are met.
– Fulfilling the intent of the Treaty of Waitangi by valuing and reflecting New Zealand’s dual cultural heritage.
– Supporting the principal and assessing her performance.
– Acting as good employers to all staff at our kura.
At Freyberg we have a very supportive and positive Board of Trustees. Our current Board of Trustees members are: